Hornby R3838 BR, Standard 2MT, 2-6-0, 78010 - Era 4
78010 entered traffic at West Auckland Shed on 24 December 1953 as one of nine 2MT locomotives allocated there for passenger services to Saltburn, Tebay mineral workings over Stainmore summit and the odd excursion working. In March 1955, 78010 was moved to Northallerton shed, displacing the J21, J25 and G5 locomotives on pick up freight workings locally.
In March 1963 the locomotive was sent to Polmadie, but was in a poor condition and was transferred on to Motherwell before being returned to Darlington in June that year. 78010 arrived at Farnley Junction in November 1963, before being moved on to Crewe South in April 1964 from where it was withdrawn from service in September 1966.